My family goes through a lot of hard boiled eggs. They are such an easy grab-and-go snack. Plus you can use them to whip up a quick batch of deviled eggs….yum!
There is nothing more frustrating than going to peel the first egg from a batch and you are stuck peeling every little piece of shell off. Not only does it then take forever to peel them, but you are also left with a bunch of sad looking eggs with pieces missing.
If this sounds familar to you, well, then keep reading! I have finally found a method that makes peeling my eggs easy. Every. Single. Time.
EASY PEEL Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fill a pot of with enough water that your eggs will be completely covered once they are added.
- Place the pot on the stovetop, set on high, with a lid and bring the water to a boil. **NOTE: keep checking to see if you water has started to boil so that it doesn’t boil out and over.
- Once the water has come to a rolling boil, GENTLY lower your eggs into the boiling water. **NOTE: if your egg has even the slightest crack (or if you don’t lower them gently) you can expect some of the egg white to leak out of the egg. This usually happens to one of my eggs, but I don’t mind. They are all still super easy to peel.
- Once you have all of the eggs in, lower the temp (to medium or medium-low). Make sure that the water continues to gently boil the entire time.
- Set a timer for 12 minutes.
- While you are waitng for 12 minutes to pass, fill a large bowl with ice water. I don’t just mean cold water. Place a handful or two of ice in a bowl and add nice cold water. This will be where your eggs go IMMEDIATELY after they are done boiling.
- When your timer goes off, quickly remove the eggs from the boiling water and add them directly to your ice water. Stir the eggs in the ice water for a moment and make sure that there is enough water to submerge all of the eggs.
- Let them sit in the water for 5 minutes.
- Peel immediately. **Remember to smile as the shell just falls off!
I promise to add pictures to this post soon! I will take some the next time I make a bunch!